Effective Date: September 28, 2016
By accessing or using the Services or otherwise agreeing to this Policy, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure and other handling of your information as described below.
Information Collected From You
We collect information when:
- It is provided to us by one of our clients in connection with their use of our Services, including information about clients' email distribution lists or other elements of their email campaigns;
- You receive an email from us on behalf of or directly from one of our clients using our Services;
- ou visit one of our client’s websites;
- You visit, register and/or use our Services, including our websites;
- You communicate with us.
Information that is passively or automatically collected
We and third parties may use automated means to collect information about you, your computer, or other device, and your use of the Services. These automated means include technologies such as cookies, Web server logs, Web beacons, and similar technologies.
Cookies are files that websites and online services create and access on your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Services may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). We may place and read cookies (and similar technologies) when you visit a client's website, or when you visit our own website. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies or local storage you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site.
In conjunction with the gathering of information through cookies and other automated means, our web servers may log information such as your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. The Web server logs also may record information such as the address of the Web page that referred you to our websites and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. They also may log information about your interaction with our Services, such as which pages you visit.
Information From Third Parties
We may obtain additional information about you from third parties, such as marketers, partners, researchers and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information about you that we obtain from such third parties.
Aggregate and/or De-identified Information
We may aggregate and/or de-identify information collected through the Services or via other means so that the information is not intended to identify a person. Our use and/or disclosure of aggregated and/or de-identified information is not subject to any restrictions under this Policy.
How Movable Ink Uses Your Information
We may use your information to:
- provide data and feedback to our clients in connection with the provision of our Services;
- facilitate and improve the Services, which may include analyzing usage trends, tracking the types of questions we receive and providing support to our clients and visitors to our websites;
- allow clients to customize, personalize, optimize, target and automate email campaigns; communicate with you in connection with our provision of the Services, including through promotional and administrative emails, updates, newsletters, and other communications;
- create, tailor, deliver and study the effectiveness of advertising and promotional materials both on and off of the Services, as well as for analytics;
- create aggregated and/or de-identified information, which we may use and disclose without restriction; and
- investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities, including without limitation, potential threats to the physical safety of a person, potential fraud, and violations of our Terms of Service;
- And, when you provide us your information through this website (or any other website on which this Policy is posted, we may use that information to target (or re-target) information to you about Movable, such as information about our events or products. You can opt out of most providers that generate online interest-based advertising (such as retargeted display media) by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance's “opt out” portal at http://www.aboutads.info. You can opt out of our own email advertising (or that of our clients) by clicking an “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link that you will usually find in the email footer, for marketing emails.
Movable Ink May Disclose Your Information
We may disclose to non-affiliated third parties the information we collect as follows:
Our Clients. As part of our Service, we may combine and provide to our clients information that we collect through a client's website, email campaigns, and directly from the client and partners. For example, we provide reports to help clients improve their email marketing campaigns and websites by learning more about the consumers who receive their emails and visit their websites.
Service Providers. In order to provide our Services, we may share your information with third parties who perform services for us, with us, or on our behalf, including without limitation providers of technical infrastructure and support and delivery of email, and third parties who deliver advertisements about our products or events.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information and content if we believe doing so is required by law or if those actions are reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process, such as a court order or subpoena or respond to a government request, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- enforce this Policy or our Terms of Service;
- respond to your requests for customer service;
- respond to law enforcement;
- investigate and prevent illegal activities; or
- protect our or others' rights, property, or personal safety.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, or in connection with steps taken in anticipation of such an event (e.g., due diligence), your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. We do not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these activities will comply with all terms of this Policy.
Analytics and Do-Not-Track
Online Analytics Providers
To help us better understand your use of the Services, we may use third-party analytics such as those of Google Analytics, and others. These third parties use the sorts of technologies described in the “Information that is Passively or Automatically Collected Information” section above to help us analyze how our users and our client's end users use the Services. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services and share that information with us and our clients. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
Browser-based “Do Not Track”
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to browser DNT signals, we do not currently respond to them.
Security Of Your Information
We take steps to ensure that your information and the email distribution lists of our clients are treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, as with any platform that collects or stores data, neither the Internet or any security protocols can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information we collect.
Transfers Of Information From EU users To The United States; Privacy Sheild
Please note that when you use the Services, your information may be sent to the United States. We store data about you on servers located in the United States.
Movable has certified with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of “personal data” (as defined under the Privacy Shield principles) from applicable European Union member countries. Movable has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement for such personal data. To learn more about the Privacy Shield, view a list of entities who have current certifications under Privacy Shield, or view Movable's certification, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov. As required under the principles, when Movable receives information under the Privacy Shield and then transfers it to a third-party service provider acting as an agent on Movable's behalf, Movable has certain liability under the Privacy Shield if both (i) the agent processes the information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield and (ii) Movable is responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
If you have any questions or complaints about Movable's privacy practices, including questions related to the Privacy Shield, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Movable, Inc., Attention Legal Department, 5 Bryant Park, 9th Floor, NYC, NY 10018.
If you are a resident of the European Union and are dissatisfied with the manner in which we have addressed your concerns about our privacy practices, you may seek further assistance, at no cost to you, from our designated Privacy Shied independent recourse mechanism: JAMS Privacy Shield Program: https://www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield
Residents of the European Union may elect to arbitrate unresolved complaints but prior to initiating such arbitration, you must: (1) contact Movable and afford us the opportunity to resolve the issue; (2) seek assistance from Movable's designated independent recourse mechanism above; and (3) contact the U.S. Department of Commerce (either directly or through a European Data Protection Authority) and afford the Department of Commerce time to attempt to resolve the issue. Each party shall be responsible for its own attorney's fees. Please be advised that, pursuant to the Privacy Shield, the arbitrator(s) may only impose individual-specific, non-monetary, equitable relief necessary to remedy any violation of the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to the individual. Movable is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Some international users (including those whose information we collect under the Privacy Shield) have certain legal rights to access certain information we hold about them and to obtain its deletion. To exercise those rights, these users may contact us at email@example.com with their request.
Third Party Links and Services
The Services may contain links to third-party websites, applications and services, as well as embedded images or other third-party content and features. We are not responsible for the content, features, security or practices of any third parties. We do not vet, endorse or make any representations about third parties or their websites, applications or services. The information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties is not covered by this Policy.
Movable reserves the right to change, modify, and add terms to this Policy at any time. We will post changes on this page, and if we determine that they are material in nature, we will provide more prominent notice on our homepage and indicate at the top of the policy when it was most recently updated.
You can contact us at:
5 Bryant Park