Movable Ink is one of the fastest growing start-ups in New York City, and we welcome your interest in joining our amazing team. If you are passionate about innovation, and want to work somewhere where everyone takes a leadership role, Movable Ink is definitely the right place for you!
As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate with product owners, developers, and end users while being in a highly visible role poised for advancement. We offer a unique learning opportunity working in every part of our impressive technology stack. Our Configuration and Analytics platform is built with Ruby on Rails and Ember.js. Our category-defining, digital content platform is built with node.js. If you have experience with any of these, or with angular.js/react.js, we'll teach you the rest.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
- Contribute to all areas of the stack and be involved in multiple, highly visible projects
- Pair programming at times and working solo at others
- Collaborating with our Product team to help understand user needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Roll up your sleeves and join the team in working on the many open source projects that our platform is built on
- Be an active participant in our agile development process including a Kanban board, retrospectives, daily scrums and pair programming
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- 3+ years work experience developing object oriented software
- Proven web development experience, both with application development and hosting operations
- Good communication skills. You'll be working with our product team as well as actual users
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.