The VP of People will be a proven leader who has led a high-growth company through a stage of rapid expansion. He or she will have experience working in the technology sector, scaling HR processes, leading strategic organizational design, defining internal development needs, recruiting top talent, and cultivating an empowering environment. Reporting to the CEO, the Vice President of People will design and execute programs to find, grow and retain great Inkers.
Key responsibilities and challenges for this executive include:
- Build organizational capability and capacity. The VP of People will partner with senior executives to strategically shape the future of the organization. Use key metrics to evaluate the structure, job design, and resources needed for the company to rapidly scale both domestically and internationally. He or she will also lead succession planning, workforce development, employee retention strategies, and change management.
- Foster employee growth, development, and retention. The VP of People will champion the career planning, professional training, and personal growth needs of employees. He or she will implement solutions that empower employees to do their job to the fullest potential.
- Own employee benefits design and delivery. The VP of People will develop and implement best practices related to inclusive benefits and compensation programs to ensure we remain competitive as we scale. He or she will ensure soft benefits and cultural events keep everyone engaged and motivated.
- Own all HR policies, procedures and programs across the company. He or she will also ensure the company fully complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations, both in the US and abroad.
- Develop effective employee relations. Fellow “Inkers” look to the VP of People for assistance with sensitive employment matters, and the ideal candidate will be experienced in handling these issues discreetly, thoughtfully and responsively by resolving the near term challenge with an eye towards the long term organizational implications. He or she will ensure compliance with company values, policies, procedures, and state and federal laws.
- Enable global recruiting efforts. The VP of People will elevate the hiring process by partnering with hiring leaders to find quality, diverse, top-tier applicants and ensure every candidate gets a responsive, highly professional recruiting experience. The VP of People will foster and develop a robust network of talent, as well as build stellar onboarding programs that rapidly equip new hires and effectively preserves culture.
- Define success and identify reporting metrics for both HR and Recruiting. Establishing analytics as a part of the team culture, the VP of People will use team data to tell stories, identify areas for opportunity and celebrate wins.
This high profile position will require a leader who has previous experience managing a fast-paced, web-based high performance organization.
The Vice President of People must have:
- 8+ years hands-on experience building and mentoring an employee focused Human Resources team.
- 3+ years experience working in a collaborative startup environment.
- Proven expertise in fostering company culture with an emphasis on translation of vision and values into actionable ideas and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and manage HR strategies, systems and processes across Employee Relations, Performance Management, Training and Career Development, Compensation and Benefits, and Compliance.
- Track record of exercising strong judgment and maintaining objectivity and discretion with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficient understanding of US, New York, California and UK employment law and ability to work through international employment issues.
- HR Certifications such as SHRM-CP or SPHR preferred.
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.