At Movable Ink we're designing the next generation of enterprise workflows and contextual marketing tools for email marketers. When it comes to creating products we believe that enterprise experiences deserve the craft, care, and delight that have become standard on the consumer side, and we’re looking for people who feel the same.
Fast forward one year. Here's what you'll have accomplished at Movable Ink:
- You were pivotal to the new workflow experience we launched unifying our entire product line. Our Client Experience (CX) team loves you because you’ve made their jobs easier, and our clients are mega-happy because we’ve increased the time they can spend being creative. You moved seamlessly between research, sketching, prototypes, interface design, testing, and back again to ensure we arrived at the best solution. And all those design details you advocated for? People are tweeting about the delight they felt when they encountered them for the first time.
- Part of the success of the workflow update is because you advocated for the user, working alongside product owners to figure out what to test, measure, and iterate on. You paired with engineers to work through interaction models because you sweat the small stuff. You ran user sessions, both locally and remote, and invited people from across the company to participate (not all at once, of course). The result? A shared understanding of the people we serve, what they struggle with, and what they want to achieve. This alignment had a positive impact on our product and the client experience overall.
- You didn’t let your research stop at the product. As a tireless user advocate, you took your findings and shared them with the company. Not in a dry report, but through stories, posters, and other well-designed, memorable artifacts. You were creative with your research, finding opportunities for insight in every nook and cranny - attending our client summit, listening in on CX calls, shadowing the sales team, running user testing, joining meet-ups, and reading white papers (and that’s just the start of the list).
- The workflow design also informed a higher level initiative to create a design language to be used across the entire company. You worked closely with the creative director, product owners, and engineers to build a pattern library that made prototyping faster and the product rock solid. Plans to open source the project are in the works.
- Throughout the year you regularly shared what the design team was working on with the rest of the company in both formal and informal settings, and were always open to ideas and feedback from the rest of the team. You tirelessly championed design and taught teams how to use design thinking as a way to problem solve. Your positive, optimistic attitude was fundamental to the success of design workshops, research, brainstorming, and other collaborative sessions.
And that was just year one! Year two we’re going to do even bigger things...
In the past you have:
- Shipped. This is not your first rodeo.
- Worked in collaborative, cross-funciontional team environments.
- Effectively used a range of prototypes to test and validate product ideas.
It would be amazing if:
- You’ve worked in enterprise SaaS start-ups.
- You love spinning up side projects because there are things you just want to exist in this world.
- You think email is the best thing since sliced bread
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.