Senior Director of Engineering, SREat Movable Ink (View all jobs)Remote
As the Senior Director of Site Reliability, you will oversee multiple SRE teams, working with SRE team engineering managers responsible for the complete deployment environment of Movable Ink. Emails, mobile apps, and web sites are sending us hundreds of thousands of requests per second, tens of billions per day. Even the smallest interruption can be massively disruptive to the world's largest brands, and our high SLAs are a point of pride and success for us. You’ll be a key partner to stakeholders across the entire business while you hire and lead the team to manage AWS and GCP hosting environments in a high growth, cost efficient business.
- Lead, hire, and grow SRE teams across all of Movable Ink’s offerings, including our hosting environments in multiple AWS regions and our infrastructure hosted in GCP.
- Drive large initiatives by collaborating across multiple teams and stakeholders, supporting business needs while leaning on automation and modern infra management tools to keep our environment healthy
- Partner with the Infosec and Legal teams to support and improve our security posture, eg Patch Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, Access Management and general market demand for security concerns.
- Promote the adoption of modern software and infrastructure development standards.
- Instill and support ownership and accountability across all feature teams
- Manage our critical vendor relationships, most notably with our cloud hosting providers, AWS and GCP
- Communicate across the business our hosting cost forecasts, hiring progress, and project status.
- Establish working processes with Product Engineering teams to support our innovation efforts
- Experience hiring and managing teams with scope over highly available systems in an AWS environment
- Experience managing stakeholder relationships, communicating with and presenting to the company’s senior leadership.
- Deeply knowledgeable about modern infrastructure management tools and processes, eg kubernetes, terraform
- Extensive hands-on experience with AWS or GCP as an individual contributor. You will need to be able to speak the language with SRE teams & managers.