Senior Site Reliability Engineerat Movable Ink (View all jobs)Remote
As one of our Senior Site Reliability Engineers, you will be 100% hands on with both infrastructure and software development. We operate a multi-region, active-active content serving platform that serves upwards of 8 Billion requests daily with a mixture of ingenuity, attention to detail, off the shelf components, and custom software. Come and help us scale to 16 Billion requests per day and beyond.
- Improve the tooling and automation of our infrastructure to minimize manual work, increase performance, and decrease the frequency and severity of incidents
- Build, maintain, and support core applications
- Monitor our systems for capacity, performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Partner with the rest of the SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our service to clients
- Experience in Site Reliability or Software Engineering, building and maintaining scalable, resilient services.
- Building the tooling and automation to manage those services, as well as investigating system and application metrics to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- 4+ years experience as an SRE or Software Engineer, with a focus on Cloud platforms
- Experience and willingness to operate in an on-call environment, evaluating and improving monitoring and alerting systems, and developing run books to investigate and debug issues
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools. Chef and Terraform experience is a major plus
- Experience with one or more high level programming languages; NodeJS, Go, Ruby, Python, in addition Shell Scripting
- Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) is a must