Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
We are looking for a Data Analyst (AI/ML) who will work with our Data Scientists, Product and Engineering teams to create artificial intelligence based recommendations and insights extracted from modeling and analysis of very large sets including Movable Ink’s historical data. The ideal candidate is an expert at using large datasets of various kinds. This data may include images, text and hypertext to find opportunities for client decision making, computer vision, and natural language processing. This candidate should have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to create value for our clients.
This role will be reporting to the VP of Artificial Intelligence.
- Mine and analyze data from our data warehouse to drive improvements in product development, marketing campaigns, and business strategies
- Design and development of insights and reports based on customer and market datasets
- Identify patterns and trends in datasets by collaborating with various stakeholders throughout the organization to understand opportunities for leveraging domain knowledge and data to create new features in our reporting and AI products
- Collaborating with various stakeholders and engineers to develop a data dictionary and schema for product development use cases
- Assess the quality, accuracy, and effectiveness of developed data tables, views, and schemas being developed within the data warehouse. Recommend new data sources and data gathering techniques when necessary
- Run SQL queries to conduct data profiling and interpret data
- Determining the best data visualization techniques based on user requirements, data dependencies, and tool set capabilities
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze data accuracy
- 2+ years of data analytics experience, including with business intelligence platforms and data warehouse solutions
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, proficiency in Python and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new systems
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, and D3
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, project management, and communication skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently translate operational and “big picture” understanding into metrics-driven thinking; aka a Data Storyteller
- Excellent attention to detail, including ability to identify, dig into, and remedy errors
- Strong understanding of A/B Testing, Multivariate, and other experiment design methodologies is a plus
- Experience working at a tech product or SaaS company is a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.