Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
The Accountant will assist with tasks across all of accounting, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, taxes, and the month end close process. This role provides the opportunity for someone to learn about multiple areas of accounting and Movable Ink’s business. Over time, this member of the accounting team will take on ad-hoc projects, analyses, and additional accounting processes to help the accounting department scale.
- Own daily cash application of customer receipts and vendor payments
- Assist with customer invoicing and collections
- Assist with processing of vendor invoices and obtaining appropriate invoice approvals
- Record journal entries within the company’s ERP
- Perform reconciliations for multiple balance sheet accounts
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close processes
- Assist with monthly sales tax returns
- Support the accounting team with special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Experience at a SaaS and/or Martech company
- Prior experience with NetSuite and/or strong system skills
- Experience with a fast-paced, growing company is a plus
- CPA, or on the CPA track, is a plus
- Proficient in Excel
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.