Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will partner with key stakeholders to facilitate data-driven, strategic decision making across Movable Ink. This role reports to the Associate Director of Analytics and provides a high level of exposure to the executive team; the ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Own data and analysis availability and adoption for cross-functional leadership and end-users in our business intelligence tool
- Support ad hoc requests for data and analysis, identifying ways to improve scalability and enable self-service drill-downs within the BI tool
- Deliver insight into our business metrics, highlighting key trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Analytics to build our ‘data dictionary’, documenting and updating business logic to inform the Data Engineering team and maintain a ‘single source of truth’
- Partner with our Learning & Development team to build and maintain company-specific user guides for our business intelligence tool
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities to drive business improvements and share actionable insights with management
- 2+ years of business intelligence or business analytics experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel, a business intelligence tool (Tableau/Looker preferred), and conducting analyses involving multiple data sources and systems; ability and willingness to learn new systems
- Strategic thinker with experience translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding and communicating findings cross-functionally
- Strong attention to detail, with a history of producing defensible, scalable, and accurate analyses
- Openness to iterating on prior work and rethinking established assumptions
- Ability to prioritize deliverables, manage projects with multiple stakeholders, and navigate ambiguity
- Knowledge of SaaS and relevant industry metrics a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.