Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
The Strategic Financial Analyst will partner with key stakeholders to facilitate data-driven, strategic decision making across Movable Ink. This role reports to the Director of Strategic Finance & Analytics and provides a high level of exposure to the executive team; the ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Own company financial and operating models, and perform ad hoc analyses to inform strategic initiatives (e.g., new products, international expansion, resource allocation)
- Enable data-driven decisions by working closely as an “analytical arm” to department heads, building business cases that shape key strategies
- Deliver insight into our business metrics, highlighting key trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management
- Support Movable Ink’s annual budgeting process, compensation planning, and forecast review meetings with department heads
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities to drive business improvements and share actionable insights with management
- 3+ years of finance and accounting experience (startup or corporate environment preferred)
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and conducting analyses across multiple data sources and systems (NetSuite, Salesforce, Tableau/Looker, and Google Sheets experience a plus)
- Advanced financial modeling skills, from understanding and iterating on existing analyses to building out complex models from scratch
- Strong grasp of finance and accounting principles, including prior experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Strategic thinker with experience translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding and communicating findings cross-functionally; comfort with ambiguity
- Strong attention to detail, with a history of producing defensible and scalable analyses
- Openness to iterating on prior work and rethinking established assumptions
- Ability to effectively prioritize deliverables and manage projects end-to-end
- Knowledge of SaaS and relevant industry metrics a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.