Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
Movable Ink is looking for a business savvy Assistant or Associate General Counsel (“AGC”), depending on experience, to contribute to our growing legal team. The AGC will be a strategic partner to various departments, including Sales, Information Security, Business Development, Partnerships and Product, and will handle a broad range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate loves to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate how they fit into the critical operations of the business. The AGC will have strong deal or project management skills, high energy and a desire to learn and move quickly. This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of a fast-growing, innovative, global technology company. In this role, you will have a unique perspective on the whole business and act as a critical partner to multiple strong and energetic teams. You will meaningfully contribute to the success of a growing business with a dynamic product, while negotiating and working with some of the most interesting and sophisticated brands in the world.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams throughout Movable Ink and senior leadership
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate complex commercial contracts integral to the business
- Gain a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including the CCPA and GDPR, and translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams
- Manage a wide variety of other demands and projects, big and small, that arise in a growing in-house legal department
- Support corporate transactions as necessary
- Support international expansion of the business
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions and the continuous improvement of department processes and templates
- 5+ years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with growing businesses, ideally with some experience navigating privacy laws and issues in a commercial context
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity, and the ability to balance legal and business requirements
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Able to operate autonomously and work collaboratively as a team player with Sales and other internal business partners
- JD from accredited law school
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel; candidates in other states may be considered
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.