Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you will work primarily with Go (and some node.js) to build and maintain the Movable Ink services that are handling hundreds of thousands of events per second. Your work will support many product lines, from back-end APIs powering popular use cases to the distributed systems behind our most crucial offering. You will spend your time working on high availability data processing pipelines, high throughput APIs and partnering with our Site Reliability Engineering team on deployment and infrastructure management.
- Be curious and learn a lot
- Design and contribute to the distributed system supporting integrations with our many data partners
- Maintain and enhance the existing services which support use cases from different areas of the product – and build new ones!
- Pay attention to performance and scaling concerns, and improve the situation as needed
- Provide feedback and guidance to teammates on Pull Requests, during planning/design phase of projects, and in pairing sessions
- Stay focused on outcomes and help us to always move forward, be proactive and resist stagnation
- Extensive production experience with Go
- Experience with high-throughput production systems
- Production experience with, and good grasp of, distributed systems design
- Experience with a messaging framework such as kafka, pulsar, NSQ a plus
- Experience with building public facing APIs a plus
- Experience working with data through postgres, spark, hive a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.