Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
The VP of Corporate Development will help identify, source, and execute M&A transactions that will accelerate Movable Ink’s go-forward strategy. You will also dive into our ecosystem and build deeper relationships with key partners. Movable Ink has built a robust ecosystem of over 200 technology providers including ESPs, CDPs, marketing clouds, workflow tools that work with Movable Ink to deliver measurable value to enterprise marketers. We count the world’s biggest and most innovative companies as our clients. You will work closely with product management, product marketing, business development, partnerships, and our new ventures team to find complementary opportunities that drive our growth strategy.
The role will report to the CEO.
- Inform the corporate and product strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with startups, investors, and bankers, and staying up-to-date with the software landscape
- Identify and build relationships with complementary software companies
- Establish buy or partner as an alternative to build for all strategic decisions and new revenue streams
- Develop strategies to accelerate Movable Ink’s business via inorganic growth
- Lead & negotiate M&A transactions
- Ensure post-acquisition success. Help fully integrate a company’s people, products, and processes
- 7+ years of experience in an investment banking environment or 4+ years of experience at a leading SaaS company (martech preferred)
- Experience completing at least 3 martech M&A transactions and 6 transactions overall
- Solid understanding of and relationships at the C-level across the digital marketing landscape
- Capable of presenting to and persuading executives
- Strong Excel financial modeling skills
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.