Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
The Finance & Operations team needs a self-starter to manage our various systems, applications, and internal procurement processes in order to take our vendor management to the next level. This is a highly collaborative role, working closely with stakeholders across each department within the organization in order to make the best business decisions possible in regards to our internal tech stack and other 3rd party vendors. This role will also be heavily involved in our vendor negotiations and responsible for ensuring Movable Ink is receiving optimal deal structure in terms of license types, counts, and costs. Attention to contract details and ability to meticulously track our new vendor deals are critical for the success of this role.
- Work directly with our Operations, Finance, Legal, IT, and InfoSec teams to assess all new software/vendor requests
- Lead the evaluation, negotiation and execution of 3rd party contracts with the business needs and financial interest of the organization in mind
- Conduct ongoing assessments of organization-wide and departmental technology stacks in order to make recommendations on buying decisions and integration opportunities
- Manage the storage of all internal contract documents, ensuring information is accurate and well maintained in a searchable repository for easy reporting
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vendors on all contractual matters and act as the escalation point for all employees when communicating with vendor sales reps
- Ensure timely review and approval (or denial) of procurement requests, making sure there is alignment across all key stakeholders, including company CFO
- Track and report on contractual commitments for our major vendors during recurring vendor reviews with key stakeholders
- Provide recommendations on deal structure and often negotiate directly with vendors and employees until consensus has been reached
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy
- Previous experience with procurement and/or vendor management responsibilities
- Experience using vendor management software, research services, or other tools/resources to guide decision-making
- Ability to effectively negotiate with Account Managers while still maintaining strong business partnerships
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of legal terminology, contract structures, and commercial terms
- Familiar with creating a business case and risk/reward analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with senior management
- Independent and self-driven; always looking for opportunities for improvement in the current state
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.