Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As one of our Senior Site Reliability Engineers, you will be 100% hands on with both infrastructure and software development. We operate a multi-region, active-active content serving platform that serves upwards of 8 Billion requests daily with a mixture of ingenuity, attention to detail, off the shelf components, and custom software. Come and help us scale to 16 Billion requests per day and beyond.
- Improve the tooling and automation of our infrastructure to minimize manual work, increase performance, and decrease the frequency and severity of incidents
- Build, maintain, and support core applications
- Monitor our systems for capacity, performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Partner with the rest of the SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our service to clients
- Experience in Site Reliability or Software Engineering, building and maintaining scalable, resilient services.
- Building the tooling and automation to manage those services, as well as investigating system and application metrics to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- 4+ years experience as an SRE or Software Engineer, with a focus on Cloud platforms
- Experience and willingness to operate in an on-call environment, evaluating and improving monitoring and alerting systems, and developing run books to investigate and debug issues
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools. Chef and Terraform experience is a major plus
- Familiarity with one or more high level programming languages and a willingness to learn and use NodeJS, Go, Ruby, and Shell Scripting
- Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) is a must
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.