Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As the Senior Data Engineer, you will help drive the direction of our Data Warehouse, and be hands on with teammates across all departments to enable access to our data and empower teams to make data driven decisions about the direction of our business. Movable Ink collects campaign data resulting from Billions of requests served each day. Come and help us manage and make sense of the massive amount of data we’re ingesting!
- Drive direction and adoption of our enterprise-wide Data Warehouse
- Partner with Data Scientists to support AI initiatives
- Implement and test ETL pipelines feeding into the Data Warehouse
- Maintain and extend our database infrastructure, including PostgreSQL, Redis, and Redshift
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to verify and validate the application’s interactions with our databases, focusing on query optimization, index creation, and schema validation
- Improve the tooling and automation of our database infrastructure to minimize manual work, increase performance, and decrease the frequency and severity of incidents
- Monitor our databases for capacity, performance, and troubleshooting issues
- Work with the rest of the SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our service to clients
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer or Database Administrator, with a focus on PostgreSQL
- Experience dealing with multi-terabyte, mission-critical databases
- Strong experience building tooling and automation for database management and maintenance. Chef and Terraform experience is a major plus
- Experience and willingness to operate in an on-call environment, evaluating and improving monitoring and alerting for database systems, developing run books to investigate and debug issues, and assisting with any difficulties accessing and querying our data sources
- Experience with one or more high level programming languages and a willingness to learn and use NodeJS, Ruby, and Shell Scripting
- Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) is a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.