Movable Ink is a software company that helps businesses earn attention in a world where time is precious and creativity is power. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink activates any data into real-time, personalized content in any customer touchpoint. Over 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to accelerate their marketing performance. With more than 300 employees, the company is headquartered in New York City with operations throughout North America, Central America, Europe, Australia, and Japan.
As a Data Engineer, you will help drive the direction of our Data Warehouse, and be hands on with teammates across all departments to enable access to our data and empower teams to make data driven decisions about the direction of our business. Movable Ink collects campaign data resulting from Billions of requests served each day. Come and help us manage and make sense of the massive amount of data we’re ingesting!
- Drive direction and adoption of our enterprise-wide Data Warehouse
- Partner with Data Scientists to support AI initiatives
- Implement and test ETL pipelines feeding into the Data Warehouse
- Maintain and extend our Data Warehouse infrastructure, including Redshift, S3, EMR, and Airflow
- Improve the tooling and automation of our Data Warehouse infrastructure to minimize manual work, increase performance, and decrease the frequency and severity of incidents
- Work with the rest of the SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our service to clients
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer, with a focus on Cloud-based Data Warehouse platforms, e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt, BigQuery
- Experience dealing with multi-terabyte, mission-critical databases
- Strong experience building tooling and automation for database management and maintenance. Chef and Terraform experience is a major plus.
- Experience with one or more high level programming languages and a willingness to learn and use NodeJS, Ruby, and Shell Scripting
- Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) is a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.