Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As Compensation Manager, you will partner with our Accounting, Finance, and People teams to design and drive scalable compensation processes. You will own the accuracy of variable compensation plans and payouts, translate strategic decisions around commission and bonus plans into their operational roll-out, and offer research-based guidance around compensation levels.This role provides a high level of exposure to the executive team; the ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Research market compensation practices, complete third party salary surveys, and analyze compensation data with operational context to make recommendations around new positions and changes
- Work closely with Strategic Finance to translate decisions around variable compensation plans into scalable reporting, written plan documents, and resources for go-to-market teams
- Calculate and own the accuracy of variable compensation payouts across teams on monthly and quarterly cadences; field questions as main contact for variable compensation plan participants
- Create and maintain documentation around compensation rules and procedures, in conjunction with department leaders, Legal, Finance, Accounting, and People
- Design processes to ensure timely and accurate reflection of compensation information across our systems of record (e.g., quota assignment for new and promoted employees, annual budgeting, etc.)
- Excel and financial modeling proficiency; comfort performing analyses involving large data sets and modeling without templates
- 3+ years of compensation experience
- Ability and willingness to learn new systems (e.g. Salesforce, commission software)
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.