Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As Associate Director of Analytics, you will kickstart the company’s internal analytics program, combining technical skills with operational understanding to enable data-driven, strategic decisions across the organization. You will work cross-functionally to define and scale reporting of our key performance indicators (KPIs), liaising between our Strategic Finance and Engineering/Product teams to document business logic and inform the optimal design of our data infrastructure. Leveraging a selected BI tool, you will create compelling visualizations that promote real-time analysis of key areas. This role reports to the Director of Strategic Finance & Analytics and provides a high level of exposure to the executive team; the ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team to inform the stand-up of our centralized data repository, owning the build-out and continuous improvement of our business logic definitions and documentation.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our business objectives and operations to proactively identify new areas of analysis and see them through; refine existing metrics
- Build a suite of visually compelling and dynamic dashboards within a selected BI tool; encourage understanding, engagement and exploration by the business stakeholders through ‘drill-down’ functionality
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, proficiency in Python and Excel, and ability and willingness to learn new systems
- 4+ years of data analytics experience, including with business intelligence platforms and data warehouse solutions
- Strong cross-functional collaboration, project management, and communication skills
- Able to effectively and efficiently translate operational and “big picture” understanding into metrics-driven and thinking
- Excellent attention to detail, including ability to identify, dig into, and remedy errors
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.