Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 300 billion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
The Business Development Representative’s (BDR) goal is to fill the Sales team’s pipeline with qualified opportunities. The BDR role is instrumental in the success and growth of the business and gives individuals ample opportunity to use your personality & creative/strategic thinking abilities to directly influence conversations with our prospects. The BDR role is designed to provide individuals with hands-on experience in a fast-paced start-up environment where things are constantly changing and evolving. Success in this role will lead to internal opportunities in Sales, Client Experience, Marketing, Partnerships, Strategic Accounts, etc. within 9-12 months.
- Develop new relationships through phone, email, and social media communications in order to establish meetings with senior level decision makers in companies that could benefit from what we have to offer
- Assess the prospect's needs, identify and build upon pain points, explain Movable Ink solutions, and qualify/disqualify prospects on introduction/discovery calls and meetings to then hand off for your Account Executive to begin their sales process
- Work with your Account Executive to build and maintain a healthy sales pipeline
- Take & log organized notes, build out presentation decks, gather contact information & nurture contacts post-opportunity
- Research accounts and prospects thoroughly, identifying pain points, company-wide initiatives, and director-level objectives in order to formulate an outreach and execution strategy with your Account Executive
- Build mock-ups for prospects that illustrate how Movable Ink can provide additional value beyond what they’re currently doing
- Utilize our sales database and prospecting tools to manage your pipeline and maintain accurate information about suspects, prospects, and their companies
- Self-motivation and the desire to work successfully in a fast-paced, highly strategic sales environment
- Experience with prioritization and organization in a professional environment; both in person and remotely
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, management, and other departments
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or sales development role preferred, but not required
- Proven track record of achieving measurable, time-driven goals preferred, but not required
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.