As a Financial Reporting Analyst, you will partner with key stakeholders to scale our internal and external reporting and facilitate strategic decisioning across Movable Ink. You will be the key liaison between the Accounting and Strategic Finance functions, seamlessly bridging actual and forecasted financial results. This role provides a high level of exposure to the executive team, and an ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance.
- Perform monthly variance analysis of our metrics and financials, flagging material deviations and potential forecast improvements.
- Deliver insight into our business metrics, highlighting key trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management.
- Support Movable’s annual budgeting process, compensation planning, and monthly forecast review meetings with department heads.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance.
- Coordinate with Accounting team to review accruals and classifications; streamline data flow between Strategic Finance and Accounting.
- Collaborate with Revenue Operations to maintain controls within our system of record and drive consistent reporting for our go-to-market teams.
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities to drive business improvements and share actionable insights with management.
- Multi-data-source financial modeling; ability to build out analyses without a template (i.e. starting from cell A1) strongly preferred.
- Strong grasp of finance and accounting principles.
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; in-depth understanding of NetSuite, Salesforce, Tableau, and Google Sheets a plus.
- Translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding; i.e. being able to see the ‘big picture’ and translate your numerical findings along those lines, including cross-functionally.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing deliverables.
- Openness to iterating on prior work and rethinking established assumptions.
- Pride in the correctness of your work, including creation of defensible and reproducible analyses.
- 2+ years of finance and/or accounting experience in a startup or corporate environment
- Understanding of the flow / construction of financial models and prior experience in working with company forecasts / budgets
- Knowledge of SaaS and relevant industry metrics
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.