Movable Ink is looking for a business savvy Assistant or Associate General Counsel (“AGC”), depending on experience, to contribute to our growing legal team. The AGC will be a strategic partner to various departments, including Sales, Business Development, Partnerships and Product, and will handle a broad range of responsibilities. The ideal candidate loves to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate how they fit into the critical operations of a fast-growing, innovative, global start-up. The AGC will provide advice on product development and support our compliance with evolving privacy and data security laws. This is a great opportunity to help shape the future of a Silicon Alley technology company.
One year from now you will have:
- Independently negotiated complex commercial agreements integral to the business, including customer contracts with enterprise brands, as well as contracts with a wide variety of vendors, technology partners and resellers.
- Become an expert in Movable Ink’s products and translated your understanding of applicable regulations into actionable guidance for the business.
- Mastered the priorities and values of Movable Ink and delivered business solutions and guidance in accordance with those priorities.
- Optimized systems supporting legal workflows and compliance.
- Provide business-minded legal advice to teams throughout Movable Ink and senior leadership.
- Independently draft, revise and negotiate complex commercial contracts integral to the business.
- Gain a deep understanding of privacy and other regulations impacting the business, including the CCPA and GDPR, and the ability to translate that understanding into actionable guidance for business teams.
- Support international expansion of the business.
- Contribute to the formulation of playbook positions and the continuous improvement of department processes and templates.
- Handle a wide variety of other demands and projects, big and small, that arise in a growing in-house legal department.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in corporate transactional work, with a preference for at least 2 years of in-house legal experience with growing businesses, ideally with experience navigating privacy laws and issues in a commercial context.
- Excellent business judgment; intellectual curiosity and the ability to balance legal and business requirements.
- Exceptional at drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements with a solution-oriented approach; comfortable thinking quickly on your feet.
- Experience in or demonstrated interest in technology companies.
- Highly motivated, with the drive to work independently, plan and accomplish goals, manage and prioritize projects with deadlines, and ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to operate autonomously and work collaboratively as a team player with sales and other internal business partners.
- JD from accredited law school.
- Admission and member in good standing of the bar of New York or the necessary qualifications to register as in-house counsel.
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.