The Senior Director of New Ventures is responsible for helping define, direct, and launch new product and market initiatives. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who is eager to take ventures from idea to early market success. The ideal candidate is an information sponge and can synthesize inputs from our current customers, our employees, the market, and the competitive landscape to launch new products and markets.
Previous company founding experience a plus. The motto “failure is not an option” excites you and fires up your creative spirits. You will be a strong communicator and persuader who is equally adept at talking to marketers, engineers, salespeople, and executives. You can take complexity and find a way to solve the go-to-market challenges of new product introductions.
Responsibilities of the Director of New Ventures:
- Own Movable Ink’s go-to-market strategies for new products and markets
- Work in a cross-functional team including product, business development, marketing, finance, sales, client experience, and operations
- Conduct customer development to validate assumptions and analysis to verify an addressable market
- Define a unique value proposition relative to other products in the marketing ecosystem
- Develop early customers in new market and then transition responsibilities to the scaling teams
- Become an expert on up-and-coming technologies that create new opportunities
Basic Qualifications Needed:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years experience in a product management, product marketing, or client services role at SaaS and/or marketing software company
- Deep understanding of how the marketing and creative functions intersect and complement one another
- Proven success using the Lean Startup/Customer Development Process and bringing a quantifiable track record
- Understands tools available to marketers today, weaknesses in the process, and has strong opinions about products
- Startup and business software experience in marketing tech, ad tech, or content authoring a plus
- Background in UX or engineering a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.