As a Strategic Financial Analyst, you will work with key stakeholders in the organization to drive the velocity and direction of Movable’s fast-paced growth. This role provides a high level of exposure to the organization’s CEO and CFO as well as the board of directors, and an ideal candidate will be comfortable navigating such a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment with minimal guidance. By working with senior management and the Strategic Finance & Analytics team, you would:
- Maintain and improve company financial and operational models, and run ad hoc analyses informed by them, including pricing for new products, financing, resource allocation, and cohort-level insight.
- Deliver insight regarding business metrics, including comparison to prior periods, highlighting key variances / trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management.
- Enable data-driven decisioning by working closely as an “analytical arm” to department heads, building business cases that shape key strategies.
- Build and define Movable’s annual budgeting process and run monthly budget review meetings with department heads.
- Proactively identify and analyze opportunities to drive business improvements and share actionable insights with management.
- Work closely with the CFO to prepare dashboards and metrics for presentation both internally to the executive team as well as the company’s board of directors.
What leads to success?
We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a high-growth SaaS company and jump in to lead the charge on key decisions on the company’s strategic direction, including go-to-market strategies, financing, and international expansion. In order to be successful in this role, you’ve excelled at the following:
- Multi-data-source financial modeling; ability to build out a model without a template (i.e. starting from cell A1) strongly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of Excel and PowerPoint; in-depth understanding of NetSuite, Salesforce, and Google Sheets a plus.
- Translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding; i.e. being able to see the ‘big picture’ and translate your numerical findings along those lines.
- Thriving in a fast-paced environment and prioritizing deliverables.
- Openness to iterating on prior work and rethinking established assumptions.
- Pride in the correctness of your work, including creation of defensible and reproducible analyses.
Other desired qualifications.
- 2-4 years in a financial role in a startup or corporate environment
- In-depth understanding of the flow / construction of financial models and prior experience in working with company forecasts / budgets
- Ability to communicate data clearly to various company stakeholders
- Understanding of SaaS and relevant industry metrics a plus
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.