As a Senior Data Scientist at Movable Ink, you'll be working on the core product area of Machine Learning analyzing the abundance of data at our disposal. You will build and deliver product enhancements that leveraging the most cutting-edge industry techniques, and partner with engineers and leadership to integrate these AI enhanced products directly into our platform. Our data volumes exceed 1 trillion impressions with over 600+ clients so it is a unique opportunity to work with data at an enormous scale. Additionally, Artificial Intelligence represents an increasingly important strategic investment for Movable Ink, and as such, offers an opportunity to help shape the direction of the team and the company.
Responsibilities of the Senior Data Scientist:
• Build and own machine learning and optimization models using cutting-edge AI techniques such as online learning, reinforcement learning, computer vision, and neural networks.
• Partner with engineers to deploy machine learning directly into our client-facing platform; including co-owning the code base and leveraging agile and software design best practices
• Conduct research leveraging big data technologies that surface actionable insight that influence product roadmap
• Help provide mentorship and maintain relevancy on latest industry advances and keep MI ahead on the innovation curve
• Contribute positively to our dynamic environment and elevate the performance of others around
Basic Qualifications Needed:
• 5+ years experience in machine learning or data science building production models
• Experience building systems that leverage big data technologies (e.g., Spark SQL, Kafka, NSQ)
• Experienced Python machine learning programmer (e.g., Jupyter, scikit-learn, matplotlib etc.)
• Experience in building and optimizing advanced AI algorithms such as neural networks, contextual bandits, and online versions of classification and regression approaches
• Experience in data visualization and storytelling with data
• Creative thinker and problem solver with combination of tenacity and strong work ethic
• Highly collaborative, open to giving and receiving feedback, and working as a member of an agile team
• Strong communication skills -- able to work effectively with technical and non-technical teammates
• Understanding of computer science and algorithm fundamentals
• Experience applying deep learning and advanced modeling techniques
• Domain experience in computer vision, natural language processing, or customer marketing models
• Experience with streaming data and the relevant ML models
• Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies and skills
• 2+ years experience delivering AI products in non-academic environment, preferably a technology company
• Advanced degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or related technical field
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.