Movable Ink powers meaningful experiences in email and on the web for the biggest brands in the world. Data is at the heart of these experiences - we are collecting many terabytes of data each quarter, and all of it must be partitioned and aggregated for many different use cases.
The Data Architect will be responsible for all data access patterns across the business. Data Scientists will want access to the billions of events tracked across our customers’ web sites each day. Data Analysts will want connect that usage back to configuration data in our relational database. The product itself will need to aggregate this constant flood of data in real time.
Fast-forward one year. Here’s what you will have accomplished:
- Supported data initiatives in three different products using a combination of stream processing, messaging queues, and batch ETL
- Become an expert in our existing storage technologies and our use cases to suggest and implement enhancements
- Enabled the Data Science team by providing them with the tools and the dataset they need to be effective
- Connected product data to business data for ad-hoc analysis with BI tools
- Performed a cost analysis for moving from a unified data storage approach to regional isolation
- Partnered with Information Security to define and implement recommend procedures for data storage and access
- You’ve done a lot of work with Big Data tools, such as Spark, Storm, Hive, Hadoop, etc
- You’ve implemented storage mechanisms for high-throughput workloads
- You’re comfortable in AWS and have run production systems there
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.