Movable Ink powers meaningful experiences in email and on the web for the biggest brands in the world. The Signals product collects and organizes user behavior, which is used to engage customers in a personalized way. Engineers on the Signals team work with several different technologies. Technical curiosity coupled with a willingness and eagerness to work across the stack are key to happiness and success on this team. Your code will be processing millions of events per minute, and keeping hundreds of millions of users up to date based on that data stream.
One year from now you will have:
- Written a lot of Go code. We have many services written in Go that constitute the backbone of our stream processing system, and you’ll have contributed to all of them!
- Worked with Apache Spark, our preferred tool for batch processing.
- Familiarized yourself with our on-site data collector, written in JavaScipt. This runs on our customers’ websites, and we have a very high bar for its performance and reliability. Not everyone gets to contribute to this, but learning how it works will be key.
- Written some Ruby code. This team does some Rails work, but more so uses Ruby to orchestrate several AWS tools and ETL jobs.
- Come to understand our infrastructure completely, and considered performance and complexity implications in every enhancement we discuss.
- Planned 4 quarters worth of enhancements! Each quarter, engineers + designers + PMs go through a process and identify their problems-to-solve for the upcoming quarter. At kickoff, the teams present to each other and celebrate the end of one quarter, and the beginning of the next.
- You've worked with distributed systems before. You’ve heard of Kafka, Kinesis, Rabbit and nsq, and you’ve used at least one of them
- You’ve worked on a high-throughput system, where performance was a crucial part of success.
- Your familiar with agile development practices, and are comfortable collaborating with engineers, designers, and product people.
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.