Movable Ink is looking for a business intelligence data expert to kickstart the company’s internal data and analytics program. As a Senior Data Analytics Manager, you would lead the effort to stand up the company’s business intelligence infrastructure, including BI tool assessment, working across the organization to standardize and define metrics and reports, streamline processes to uncover problems or opportunities, and understand the nuances of our systems to develop a “single source of truth” data ecosystem. With a high level of exposure to executives across the company, including the CFO and CEO, you will lead the charge to enable business understanding that drives strategic and operational decisions in Movable’s fast-paced environment.
By working with senior management and the Director of FP&A, you would:
- Build a standardized suite of KPI dashboards with an eye towards compelling visualizations. Leverage a selected BI tool and encourage understanding, engagement and exploration by the business stakeholders.
- Guide the creation of a central, standardized data repository and enable company wide analytical capabilities through a comprehensive BI solution.
- With engineering support, manage day-to-day user needs of the BI infrastructure. Handle communications users regarding maintenance, license management, troubleshooting and performance monitoring.
- Ability to assess the “as is” state, identify opportunities for improvement and lay out a roadmap by which the program can scale and evolve as the company rapidly grows and changes.
- Guide an engineering resource in management of the BI tool’s installation, configuration, integrations, data architecture, troubleshooting, tuning, disaster recovery, roles and permissions, scalability, alerts, and performance
What leads to success?
We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a high-growth SaaS company and jump in to lead the charge on key decisions on the company’s strategic direction, including new products, new verticals and international expansion. In order to be successful in this role, you’ve excelled at the following:
- Building appealing data visualizations that enable department owners and leadership to gain a quantitatively-informed understanding of the business, with easy ability to drill-down into specifics as needed
- Quickly iterate, prototype, and implement engaging visualizations, optimizing depth and information density for the target user
- Data modeling and SQL skills to pull the requisite data / run the requisite calculations for data analysis prototypes.
- Leading problem solving teams to develop data-driven recommendations and best practice behaviors
- Researching new features and enhancements released by BI platforms and evaluating their usefulness against the goals of the organization
- Translating quantitative measurements into operational understanding; i.e. being able to see the ‘big picture’ and effectively communicate your numerical findings along those lines
Other desired qualifications.
- 3-5 years experience implementing and using Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Tipco Sportfire, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, Python and/or SSIS (ETL)
- Experience in large datasets and master data management
Movable Ink provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Movable Ink complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.