Last year, holiday shoppers spent $3.34 billion on Black Friday online sales alone, and email marketing was a huge driver of those sales. But here’s the thing: the week surrounding Black Friday and Cyber Monday has the highest email volume of the holiday season.
Here’s a quick recap of Cyber Week 2016:
– On Cyber Monday, most people only spent an average of 0-3 seconds reading email… and conversions were highest (24%) on that day.
– With high online sales ($3.34 billion, remember?) last year’s holiday indicated that more shoppers opted to stay inside and buy online on Black Friday, as opposed to braving the crowds and visiting brick and mortar stores.
– Desktop users spent more than smartphone and tablet users, with average order values reaching $162
– Smartphones saw the highest email opens at 57.6%
– 66.7% of retail apparel conversions happened on smartphones
See our full list of Cyber Week 2016 stats in our Holiday Email Report: Cyber Week Recap
So what does all of this mean? For starters, your emails will be up against your competitor’s best campaigns of the year. Does your Black Friday campaign have what it takes to stand out?
Your Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Email Inspiration
Cyber Week 2017 planning season is upon us. Luckily for you, we’ve got plenty of new tactics and takeaways to share with you to help you create the best holiday email experience yet.
In our upcoming webinar, Your Ultimate Guide to Black Friday Email Inspiration, we teamed up with Iterable to bring you Black Friday email inspiration designed to drive results. We’ll look at key trends from last year and show examples of successful Black Friday and Cyber Week campaigns.