That’s why, as an email marketer, you need to take it seriously. While it may feel stressful now, GDPR opens up a lot of benefits in the long-run. This is an opportunity to show your customers some good will by honoring their requests and respecting their privacy.
And while the prospect of losing subscribers seems scary, it has another long-term benefit: the people who choose to stay on your email list really want to be there. As a result, your engagement will increase.
Here are a few other action items from our webinar that you need to know.
9 GDPR tips and takeaways
- Use GDPR as an opportunity to update other areas of your data infrastructure.
- GDPR can help facilitate internal conversations and gain internal alignment about data that would be otherwise hard to have.
- Find a partner who can guide your through the day-to-day campaign planning that uses new data made available by becoming GDPR compliant.
- Understand which responsibilities your Processors are obligated to uphold on your behalf.
- Have your processors sign data-processing addendums and perform GDPR-focused security reviews.
- Create a maintenance schedule for your processors and review their commitments quarterly or semi-quarterly.
- Your personalization strategy can align with your GDPR strategy.
- You can still personalize messages without used personal data. Responsive personalization enables you to automatically tailor messages based on different levels of data access and privacy rules.
- Intelligent content can be a valuable tool for re-permissioning your database.