With the arrival of fall comes new opportunities to wow your subscribers. If you’re in need of inspiration, look no further. Use these holidays to kickstart some ideas around your October 2017 email campaigns.
And if you’re already planning your holiday campaigns? Go you! We have the perfect guide to help plan and inspire. Check out our Steal These 2017 Holiday Email Ideas eBook!
October 2017 holidays and themes
Columbus Day, 10/9
While not everyone celebrates Columbus Day, it remains a popular day for sales and promotions. It’s also a great time to test out your upcoming holiday email campaign ideas.
- Columbus weekend is a long weekend for some, so take advantage of it by running a new promotion on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Use a banner in your email that automatically updates with new sales to keep your emails updated with fresh content, no matter when your subscribers open them.
- Run an A/B test with a few tactics you’re looking to try in your holiday emails. A few ideas: personalization, call-to-action copy and using GIFs or video in your email.
- Send your subscribers a live poll asking if they have off of work on Columbus Day, then send different discounts to those who choose ‘yes’ and those who choose ‘no.’
68.5% of consumers plan on celebrating Halloween, so it presents a great opportunity to send a themed email campaign. Don’t forget: Halloween falls on a Tuesday this year, so you may want to kick off your campaigns the weekend of 10/27.
- Just like the holiday season, the Halloween season lasts more than just one day – and so should your campaign. Get your customers to start thinking about their costumes, parties, and everything they’ll need to plan their Halloween.
- Will your customers be using your product as part of their costume? Ask them to upload a picture with your product along with a hashtag of your choice , then feature it in a live social feed in your emails.
- There’s a good chance your customers will be out and about for the holiday. Use device targeting to deliver great-looking mobile emails.
Here are a few under-the-radar October holidays
- World Vegetarian Day, 10/1
- Mad Hatter Day, 10/6
- World Pasta Day, 10/25
- National Candy Corn Day, 10/30
And don’t forget…
October is when many email marketers begin planning their holiday campaigns because, believe it or not, 40% of holiday shoppers start making their wish lists before Halloween. Get ahead of the competition by planning your campaign now. Use the calendar below to identify key dates this October and beyond.
Need more help planning your holiday emails? Grab your copy of our eBook, Steal These 2017 Holiday Email Ideas.